237641_728x90 Star Trek 15% off

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The First Irish Red

I've never been able to wait an entire 14 days after bottling without sampling one of my homebrews. I did make it until day 8 this time, which might actually be a record.



I honestly think this is my best brew yet. It's got a nice and sweet malty flavor, and finishes with mild hop flavor. I'm really glad I modified the recipe, increasing the finishing hops from .5 oz. of East Kent Goldings to a full ounce. Gives a nice little kick at the end while still maintaining the characteristics of a traditional Irish Red.

I'm going to submit this one to the National Homebrew Competition this year. This is the first time I've entered the NHC, and I'm not expecting much...other than maybe some professional opinions and advice!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment